Candle safety is top priority with Swan Creek Candle Co. We do not use lead wicks. Our pure cotton wicks are designed to minimise “flare ups” and soot. They will self-extinguish when all wax has liquefied. Please never leave a candle unattended.
Getting the best from your Swan Creek Candle
To gain the optimum performance from your American Soywax candle and maximise the pleasure from your purchase, please follow these burning suggestions:
- Burn your candle for at least as long as it takes for the pool of molten wax to cover the complete surface.
- Always trim the wick back to ¼” to maintain the correct flame size. An unattended wick creates a carbon “mushroom” that may produce some soot and a larger flame reduces the burn time of your candle.
- Avoid burning your candle in a draught as a low temperature flame is not able to completely combust the wax fuel.
- To maintain the colour and fragrance, store candles in a cool, dark location.
- Please remember, never leave a burning candle unattended.